There comes a time in every adult’s life when they have to question how much they drink. Winter definitely isn’t that time. A nicely Irish-ed coffee is the only reason that humans don’t hibernate and there is a world of alcohols just waiting to spike your day in the most socially acceptable way. Here’s your guide to the ones you need to know. Drinking at lunchtime? Not at all, I’m just enjoying café amore. Sucker.
1. COGNAC + AMARETTO +COFFEE = CAFE AMORE
Those frisky French know a thing or two about cleverly upping your alcohol intake and the café amore is case in point. Not one but two shots of gout-inducing goodness per coffee. I’d tip my hat, Monsieur, if I could find it. Get the recipe from Taste.
2. BRANDY + KAHLUA + CREME DE CACAO + COFFEE = KEOKE COFFEE
Sometimes you need something to take the bite out of the air, sometimes you need something to take the feeling out of your legs. This is for the latter. With three different liqueurs and plenty o’ caffeine, this is what you might call an eye-opener. Get the recipe from My Recipes
3. DARK RUM + GOLD RUM + COFFEE = SMUGGLER’S COFFEE
Rum is good. More room is better. This double dose of Caribbean goodness is just thing for blowing off the autumnal cobwebs and given the name, perfect for filling up a picnic flask. Mmmm. Get the recipe from Kitchen Daily
4. DULCE DE LECHE + KAHLUA + COFFEE + DULCE DE LECHE COFFEE Though not the most imaginatively named of these dreamy creamy cocktails, this probably sounds the fanciest. This is for the chocoholics and cream-lovers among us. so loosen a your belt a notch and drink up. Get the recipe from the Pioneer Woman.
5. TEQUILA + KAHLUA + COFFEE = COFFEE MEXICANA