The trouble with buying presents for a true muso is that they inherently dislike things that other people know about. Here are some music related pressies they won’t sneer at…much.
1. A succinctly snarky badge.
Your music really sucks badge; $1.50 (plus $3 p&p to Europe), The Angry Robot.
2. An inspiration quote print.
Jim Morrison quote art print; $20 (plus $4.20 p&p to Europe), Sacred and Profane.
3. Inspire them to rock out with their coccyx out with an air-guitaring cadaver.
Skeleton guitarist pillow; $20 (plus $5.40 p&P), Cafe Press
4. A rule-enforcing greetings card.
Driver picks the music greetings card; $3.50 (plus $2.90 p&p to Europe), Sweet Geek.
5. A crunk-tastic embroidery hoop.
Y’all gonna make me lose my mind embroidery hoop; €34.75 (plus €4.74 p&p to Europe), Ooooh Stitchy.
6. An instant vinyl collection art print.
Vinyl records photo print; $30 (plus $6 p&p to Europe), Bomobob.
7. Show them you’ve been listening with a customisable mix-tape mug featuring their favourite tooons.
Customisable I made you a mix tape mug; €15.79 (plus €11.09 p&p to Europe), Lenny Mud.
8. Rock band legend pencils…to make the 9-to-5 a bit more bearable.
Rock band legend pencils; $4 (plus $4 p&p to Europe), The Carbon Crusader.
9. A boombox chopping board for slicing up dem beets.
Boombox chopping board; €18.59 (plus €4.90 p&p to Europe), Firebox.
10. Why should they have to endure other people’s crappy music when they can turn their phone into a sound system with this tiny but powerful rechargeable speaker?
X Mi X Mini capsule Speaker; £17.56 (plus p&p), Amazon.co.uk. (I can vouch for this mini sound monster).